Skip to main content

Hello 40!

Thank you all for the thoughtful birthday greetings. It's been a week in paradise that I will cherish forever. I'm still adjusting to getting back to the grind. I just wanted to share a quick video that my husband put together from my birthday dinner. My husband, son, and I celebrated with my mom (who is the true hero in this birthday celebration), my cousin, and my nephew. We dined at Mama's Fish House in Paia on the island of Maui. My cousin is personal friends with the executive chef (Perry) who spent time with us before our feast - he treated us to quite a few appetizers and desserts "compliments of the chef" in addition to the many items we that we had ordered.  I must add that turning 40 was delicious! I will apologize now if the next few blog posts are all about our Maui adventures. There's just so much to talk about! I haven't gone through all of the photos yet but will share them as time permits.





I will probably post more about the restaurant with a write up/review of our dining experience but in case I don't get around to it I HAVE to add this off-topic blurb! I only wish that we would've taken a picture so that all of you with babes still in diapers could be in awe as I was! I have to rave about the family bathroom they have at this restaurant - it was the greatest changing room EVER. So those of who dread using public changing tables as much as I do would LOVE it.  It wasn't the gross plastic fold outs but a very nice tiled and railed changing table that looked like a piece of art!  They provide disinfecting wipes (even though I carry them anyway) and disposable changing pads.  For the first time ever I did not cringe when we had to change our son's diaper!  Ok sorry for going there but if I don't blog about this now I may forget!

Enjoy our little highlight video of dinner at Mama's.

Comments

  1. Happy birthday!!! :) I hear 40 is fabulous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ cssolomon Thank you! Everyone keeps telling me 40 is the new 20. But since I'm 40, I barely remember 20! LOL. It feels great so far! Denial can be comforting. Kidding! I'm embracing my new age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your about me section and that BEAUTIFUL photo of you w. the long hair and baby in the pouch, what a shot. Also the (ukelele?) music on the Hawaii clip - what fun, I felt like I was on vacay myself.

    Someone Tweeted on turning 40: "Piss off 30s, I have a whole new decade waiting for me." I may already have told you that one but I loved it. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am late but -...happy birthday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed it! Happy Birthday!!! Still not feeling sorry for you with your unpacking after your trip. Hmph. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment